Tuesday, February 22, 2011

Mai-Thu Perret: An Ideal for Living



I recently visited the U of M Museum of Art and found the most curious exhibit. It was entitled An Ideal for Living, it was a three-dimensional masterpieces by the very talented Mai-Thu Perret (see left.)




The exhibit encompassed manydifferent pieces, such as a futuristic collection entitled "The Apocalypse Ballet" of molded exhibitionists with lighted rings.
There were also some ink-blot reminiscient pieces entitled "The Crack Up"
But the part that most caught my eye were the incredible giant lanterns (entitled Positivland) It was wonderful to be able to walk around and under the lanterns that made me feel like Alice in Wonderland.

1 comment:

Stacey said...

Wow, I wish I had gone with you that day! It looks very cool.

Related Posts with Thumbnails